LAKE COUNTY BUILDING & LAND USE
Hours of Operation
Mon. - Fri. 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Excluding all major HOLIDAYS)
All Contractors are REQUIRED to register with the Lake County Building Dept. before any permits will be issued.
** Lake County now requires roofing permits.**
THE LAKE COUNTY BUILDING DEPARTMENT PERFORMS INSPECTIONS 5 DAYS A WEEK (MON-FRI) WITH A REQUIRED MINIMUM OF 24 HOURS NOTICE
To schedule an inspection after hours please call
(Please note that inspection requests left at this number will not be processed until the next business day with inspections scheduled the following day)
When scheduling an inspection, the following information must be provided:
Building Permit Number
Address & Access Information
Type of Inspection Requested
Paul Clarkson, Director of Building & Land Use
Anne Schneider, PIC, Planning & Land Use
Sheri Cerise, Administrative Assistant
The Lake County Building Department:
- Accepts, reviews, and approves building and driveway plans.
- Issues building, plumbing, mechanical, driveway, and burn permits.
- Please Note: All Electrical, Solar & Fire Alarm permits, plans and inspections will be conducted through the State Electrical Board. The State follows the 2008 NEC Code. Electrical Permits can be purchased at www.dora.state.co.us
- Schedules required inspections.
- Issues Certificates of Occupancy, Certificates of Completion, and Temporary Certificates of Occupancy.
- Investigates and enforces 99-04 trash violations.
- Performs inspections to ensure compliance with the following codes:
- 2012 International Building Code,
- 2012 International Residential Code,
- 2012 International Mechanical Code,
- 2012 International Plumbing Code,
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code,
- 2012 International Existing Building Code,
- 2008 National Electric Code,
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2006 International Energy Conservation Code. (2012 IRC Chapter 11 applies)