What is the sales tax rate for Lake County? 

-The sales tax rate for Lake County is 4%

How Much will license plates be on my new car?

-Prices vary. The price of plates and new registration are based upon the make of the vehichle, weight, taxable value, and year. Please call for an estimate.

What Information is required to obtain a marriage License?

-Applicants should appear in person at the office of the County Clerk and Recorder. $30 cash fee and identification in the form of Driver's License, Passport or Certified copy of Birth Certificate. Application form will request applicant’s place of birth, names & places of birth of parents of the applicants. If applicants have been married before and divorced they will need to provide the date, place and type of court used. If the applicants former spouse is deceased, they will need to provide the date and place of death.  

Where can i get a Birth Certificate?

-Neil Reynolds is the local register of vital statistics. He can be reached at 115 E 5th Street Leadville, or by calling 719-486-0708

Where can I get a copy of my divorce decree?

-Combined Courts - if the divorce took place in Lake County, call 719-486-0553 for assistance.

Where can i get a copy of my Driving Record?

-You can call our office, and we will help you to retrieve these records for you. Please call 719-486-0888.

 Can i get license plates with only a bill of sale?

You must have a title or a MSO in order to get plates. With a bill of sale you may be able to get a temporary permit. You must also present a verifiable form of identification. (See list in next question)  

What are the verifiable forms of identification for the purpose of obtaining a title? 

1. Any Colorado Driver License or Colorado Identification Card expired less than 1 year.
2. Out-of-state issued photo driver license or photo identification card expired less than 1 year.
3. US Passport expired less than 10 years.
4. Valid foreign passport with 1-94 or valid Processed For 1551 stamps.
5. Valid 1551 Resident Alien/Permanent Resident card. No border crosser or USA B1/B2 Visa/BBC cards.
6. Valid 1688 Temporary Resident Card, 1688B and 1766 Employment Authorization Card.
7. Valid US Military ID (active duty, dependent, retired, reserve and National Guard)
8. Tribal Identification Card
9. Certificate of Naturalization with intact photo.
10 Certificate of (US) Citizenship with intact photo.
The following identification documents are also acceptable although the above list is preferred as they are photo ID's.
11. I94 with refugee/asylee status.
12. Certified Birth Certificate (Federal, State, County, Dept. of Justice, Dept. of State and Bureau of Indian Affairs). Birth certificates issued by a hospital are not acceptable.
13. United States or United States Territory Certified court order of adoption (must include date of birth).
14. Original or certified copy of a DD214 (US Military Separation Papers) from the Department of Defense or Veteran Affairs.
15. Temporary Colorado Paper Driver License, Colorado 7-day Affidavit and Notice of Revocation or Affidavit and Notice of Suspension.


Syndicate content