The Lake County Human Services Adult Protection Unit provides assistance to at risk adults 18 years and older who are at risk of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
Protective Services include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and investigating reports of abuse, neglect or exploitation
- Provide casework
- Arrange and coordinate services
- Provides information and referral to community resources, including public assistance benefits.
State Hotline 844-CO-4-KIDS or 844-264-5437.
When calling it is important to provide as much of the following information:
- Name of the at-risk adult
- Specific concern regarding the adult
- Address and phone number of the at-risk adult
- Name and contact information for the person who may be responsible for abuse, neglect, or exploitation