Lake County Human Services Child Welfare Unit works with families and children who are at risk or victims of child abuse/or neglect. Services include:
- Investigation of abuse/neglect reports
- Coordinating services for families to prevent out of home placement
- Working with the Court system to reunify families
How to report concerns of child abuse or neglect
State Hotline 844-CO-4-KIDS or 844-264-5437.
When calling, it is important to provide as much of the following information:
- Names of children who you are concerned about
- Approximate ages or dates of birth of the children
- Parent’s names
- The family’s address and phone number
- The specific concerns of abuse/neglect
It is important to give full addresses as it will be difficult to follow up with your concerns if one is not provided.