You must submit a concealed handgun permit application (renewal or new) to the county Sheriff's Office where you reside, own property, or own a business.

It is the applicant's responsibility to submit for renewal of concealed handgun permit within 120 days before the expiration date on the permit card in the county in which you currently reside. If your permit is more than six months expired you must begin the process with a new application. If you are changing your address prior to expiration please visit the Lost, Stolen, & Changes page.
Application and supplemental form must be submitted in person to the Lake County Sheriff's Office during business hours and you will take a new photo. Once approved, you will receive a new permit card in exchange for the old one. Please note that permit cards are property of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office and old permits must be turned in.
Renewal Application:
You must complete and answer all questions on the Concealed Handgun Permit Application. Incomplete or unreadable packets will not be accepted.
*Per Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.) 18-12-205(2)(a), all applicants must sign the application in the presence of the issuing county sheriff or designee.
You must complete the Concealed Handgun Permits Supplemental Form if you answer 'yes' to number 14 on the application.
Proof of Residency:
Per C.R.S. 18-12-205 (IV), an applicant must provide proof of Colorado residency by providing a valid driver's license, Colorado identification or Military identification, along with permanent duty station orders for Colorado.
If you currently have a concealed handgun permit with the Lake County Sheriff’s Office and now live in another county, you must renew your permit with that county.
If the address on the driver's license or identification doesn't match the application, the applicant is required to provide other proof of residency, such as a lease / rental agreement, property tax statement, utility bill, or vehicle registration.
Per C.R.S. 42-2-119 (1) (a), whenever any person, after applying for or receiving a driver's license or motor vehicle registration number, moves from the address named in such application or in the license or registration issued to such person or when the name of the licensee is changed, such person shall within 30 days notify the department in writing of such person's old and new address, and the number of any license or registration held by such person.
Handgun Training Certificate:
As long as your permit remains current with the Sheriff's Office, you do not need another training certificate.
Please call 719-486-4191 for more information if needed.


Syndicate content