- Application, current identification, and fee are required for issuance. Additional verification for proof of relationship may be required.
- Applications accepted Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- No applications will be accepted or processed on Fridays.
- Birth Certificates: $20.00 for the first copy and $13 for each additional copy during your transaction.
- Death Certificates: $20.00 for the first copy and $13 for each additional copy during your transaction.
- Certificates take 48 hours to process (excluding Fridays, weekends, and all county holidays).
- For Death Certificates, an archive search can take up to 2 weeks.
- Other requirements may apply.
Please note that vital records, such as Birth and Death Certificates, are legal government-issued documents and are not open public records.
- Nadine Castillo - Chief Deputy Registrar
P.O. Box 626
Leadville, CO. 80461
Vital Statistics hours are: Monday - Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm