The Dutch Henry Tubing Hill is OPEN for the season!
Located at the intersection of McWethy and Highway 24, the sledding hill is open from December to March; weather permitting. The facility features four lanes of varying heights, tube rentals and a small rental hut. The hill is open from dawn to dusk daily, conditions permitting. For more information on the tubing hill please call 719-427-0099.
1. How do I get to the top of the hill? We do not have tow ropes or magic carpets at our facility. Users must walk to the top of the hill
2. Do I have to pay if I have my own tube? No. Tubing is FREE if you have your own.
3. How do I know when the hill is open? Call the Dutch Henry phone at 719-427-0099 or read the signage at the facility.
4. Do I have to use a tube? No. You may use a plastic sled. Toboggans and sleds with metal runners are prohibited.
4. Can I still use the old sledding hill? No. The previous sledding hill (the west side of Dutch Henry) is now owned by the Cloud City Ski Club and sledding is prohibited.
5. Can I enter the tubing are from the college road, or from the campus of CMC? No. You may only enter from the bottom of the hill. Please use the parking area off Highway 24.
6. What is the address? The tubing hill does not have a physical address. Look for the sign along highway 24. The facility is located directly behind the Leadville Sanitation Office at 911 US Highway 24.
7. Are dogs allowed at the tubing hill? For the safety of other users and your furry friends, dogs are NOT allowed at the facility except for in the parking lot.